Darkness (2002)

It was another day day outside, but it was not a total loss as I was able to make some good progress in the toy building.  I can actually see my desk again. When I finished that,  I decided to kick back and watch the 2002 entry Darkness.

Plot: A teenage girl moves into a remote country house with her family, only to discover that their gloomy new home has a horrifying past that threatens to destroy the family.

I didn't know what to expect from this one,  but came away rather intrigued.  While,  it did have some of the typical supernatural elements,  it was armor to maintain  a suspenseful tone throughout. The scripting was awesome,  the performances outstanding, and the cinematography and direction created some tremendous atmosphere. Now, Iam sure there will be parts that turn viewers off with the slower pace and the lack of typical horror tropes, but those are only benefits in my eyes. In the end,  this one is an excellent independent film and one that should be watched. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)