Tuesday, August 4, 2026

House on Eden (2025)

It's NFL training camp season, and because I cover the Tennessee Titans, I have been quite busy. But that doesn't stop me from mixing in some horror movies with the constant stream of The X-Files I have on while working. The latest film I stumbled on was the 2025 indie horror flick, House on Eden. 

Plot: Setting out to film their next paranormal investigation, Kris, Celina, and Jay encounter a malevolent, ancient spirit that resides in an abandoned house deep in the woods.

As a found footage movie, this already falls into a love/hate area of cinema, and it ultimately is plagued by many of the same elements that are found in the genre. The storyline is a bit thin, and it created an uneven feel throughout, although the movie does pick up as it goes on. The performances are decent, although the characters are flat and rigid, and the scares are light, but there are a couple that hit home. To me, the biggest letdown was the ending, which felt a bit rushed. In the end, this was an average found footage film made on a lower budget, and another in the YouTuber trend, and I do find that refreshing. For me, I won't be putting this one into high rotation, but I may revisit it in the future when I'm not swamped with work and can fully lock in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment