Hell at Heathridge (2013)



After watching The Drownsman, I decided that I wanted to venture into something different and I found just the thing at Family Video. Besides picking up a couple of films based deep in some type of psychosis, I also picked up a great example of independent cinema. That is my next review, 2013s Hell at Heathridge.


Plot/ Obsessed with obscure modern tragedies, wealthy Mr. Yates hires five college drama students to recreate a murder-suicide that occurred on their campus 20 years ago. As the actors prepare for the show of their lives, unfortunate events follow them, and by the end, they realize one thing . . . Evil is Real!


Last night when I sat down to watch this, I had no idea what to expect. After watching it, I am even more of a supporter of university driven independent cinema. From Kent State University Independent Films, this supernatural thriller was not only well done; it had an interesting storyline that kept me engaged throughout. As a creative writing major myself, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire production and solid performances. Sure, it was no a blockbuster, but with the budget that was in place, this one was better than a lot of movies that carry a larger scale and budget. In the end, this one was entertaining and well worth watching; especially if like me, you love low budget indie cinema. Give it a shot!


Comments

  1. Hello, I was one of the Associate Producers on the film and I wish to thank you for watching it and I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, no problem... I am happy that you made it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)