The Evil Within (2017)



What a Saturday, I went to lunch with Dad, was surprised when one of the daughters cut the grass without prompting, and I was able to push through another piece for my epic poem Salvation. While that may not sound like much, it was enough to allow my week to slow down and let me get some much needed down time. To finish the evening, I decided on an interesting flick, 2017s The Evil Within.


Plot/ The sadistic tale of a lonely, mentally handicapped boy who befriends his reflection in an antique mirror. This demonic creature orders him to go on a murderous rampage to kill the people he loves most.


When I sat down to watch this one, I had no clue what to expect. What I found was an interesting film that was much better than I initially would have guessed. While this is not a perfect film and it has some uneven moments, it is rather entertaining and memorable, featuring some solid visuals, decent performances, and sound cinematography. Yes, the ending (like parts of the movie) was confusing and there were some minor pacing issues, but those really do not bring the film down especially when the history of this movie is brought to life. This relatively strange and unknown gem, originally titled The Storyteller, was the obsession of oil heir Andrew Getty, who wrote, directed, and methodically crafted this film for roughly 15-years until his tragic death in 2015. In the end, this movie may not be great, and in may not live up to its own history, but it is a memorable entry and one that I am glad I noticed during my last trip to Family Video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)