Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016)



It’s happening again! Yes, after 25 years, Twin Peaks is finally returning to the screen and I couldn’t be more excited. David Lynch and the Twin Peaks series are  two of the main reasons that I wanted to become a writer. While I knew this was on the horizon, I decided to clear my mind in preparation. That is when I decided to pick up a film from one of my favorite franchises with 2016s Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.


Plot/ Alice returns to where the nightmare began: The Hive in Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.


Let me start off by saying that this has been one of my favorite zombie themed series and I was sad to hear that this was gong to be the final chapter. Fortunately, they decided to go out with a bang. While many people will not enjoy this mindless trip into Raccoon City for a final time (and understandably so), the non0stop action and gore is enough to keep you at least entertained if you can suspend belief for the duration. Yes, there are some strange decisions that lead to holes in the continuity between films and there are definitely some head scratching moments that actually make the movie overly predictable, but those are easily overlooked in the grand scheme. As a film, the action is well paced, the performances were solid, the gore worked, and some of the storyline did add some interesting twists to the franchise as a whole. In the end, this may not be the best movie in the series, but it was entertaining and perfect for some late night zombie fun. Not for everyone, but if you can suspend belief for a couple hours, it can be a great mindless entry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)