The Exorcism of God (2021)


For some reason,  exorcism or religious horror has become somewhat of a staple on my television lately,  Although, that may be changing as I finally picked up a copy of Diablo IV. I am a huge Diablo fan and am excited to venture back into Sanctuary. But, before I start that journey,  I wanted to hit on the latest movie I watched 2021s The Exorcism of God.

Plot: Peter Williams is an American priest in Mexico who's considered a saint by many local parishioners. However, due to a botched exorcism, he carries a dark secret that's eating him alive until he gets an opportunity to face his own demon one last time.

This one was a lot better than I expected it to be when I pulled it up. For a lower budgeted exorcism flick,  this one offered a somewhat original take featuring some dark n and heavy atmosphere, an intriguing storyline,  solid performances,  and some outstanding cinematography. It even threw in some jump scares and surprises, which was a nice change of pace. Unfortunately, the editing was kind of choppy and the effects were somewhat uneven. But, because of the lower budget, those factors are easily overlooked. If you are like me, and love exorcism themed films, then this is one that you should definitely check out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)