Spree (2020)


I really do love this time of the year,  it gives me a perfect excuse to immerse myself into all things spooky, strange, and horror related. Like last night,  I got to go out to watch the silent classics Nosferatu and the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari with a live band playing an incredible soundscape. The Invincible Czars were amazing! Today, I've watched a couple things,  including this movie Spree from 2020.

Plot: Desperate for an online following, a rideshare driver has figured out a deadly plan to go viral and he will stop at nothing to get his five minutes of fame.

When I selected this one this morning,  I had no idea on what to expect and was actually pleasantly surprised by what I found.  Unfortunately,  I already know that this will be a movie that will be very polarizing, and the audience will either love it or hate it. It's it a good film,  technically not really.  The dialog is so-so, the performances are uneven,  and the end sort of spirals. But,  there is something here within the idea of the storyline that adds a realistic view of the viral streaming community and the many different parts of society that want to join those ranks. Personally, I love social media (@ringmasters_realm on Instagram) and could understand everything that was taking place within the movie.  But, that might put me in a minority. In the end, this wasn't great, but it was a fun way to spend some time watching something outside the typical cookie-cutter horror that has become common. Not for everybody, but will appeal to a social media generation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)