The Banshee Chapter (2013)



Yesterday, I unfortunately battled a headache all day after my 2.5 hour drive to work in the snow. While I do not mind driving in the snow, eight inches of fresh snow is not fun. Now the forecast is for an inch of sleet, I cannot win, especially as the institute never even posts a delay. To help me pass my evening after NCIS, I decided upon the 2013 flick, The Banshee Chapter, something I had never heard of until tonight.


Plot/ A Journalist Anne Roland explores the disturbing links behind her friend's sudden disappearance, an ominous government research chemical, and a disturbing radio broadcast of unknown origin.


There eare times when I stumble upon a movie fand come out totally surprised by what I have found. That was the case with this movie and the underlining MK-Ultra undertones. With an interesting storyline, some decent acting (for a lie budget film), and a nice mixture of real-time and found footage, this one definitely exceeded my expectations. Sure, some of the paving drunks of, the plot is choppy, and the sound is all over, but that does very little to bring this one down. In the end, this ius one of the better low budget films I have seen in some time, and more importantly, it had an inkling of originality. If you have chance, check it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)