Crazy Eights (2006)



While I did spend some time playing Murdered last night, I spent the majority of my time watching both Fringe and Zero Hour. Yes, both television shows are interesting and both open up some very intriguing questions, but sometimes I need something more mindless. In those moments, I dig into some of the horror I have on hand. That is the case with my next review, part of the 2006 After Dark Horrorfest, Crazy Eights.


Plot/ Six people are brought together at the funeral of a childhood friend. While settling the estate, they discover a map, which leads them on a search for a long forgotten time capsule, at the request of their dead friend. What they discover reawakens repressed childhood traumas and leads them on a journey through their long abandoned childhood home: a home with a terrible secret and a mysterious dead girl who will lead them to their strange fates.


It had been awhile since I ventured into the 2007 After Dark Horrorfest, and now I remember why. While I remembered some of the films, this is not one of them, which is why I grabbed it from the attic first. Yes, there were some good settings and the cinematography was not bad, there was really nothing else to write home about. The acting was scattered, the pacing was off, the script uneven, and although it was only 80 minutes, too many clichés were embedded into the flick. In the end, this one has to rank near the bottom of that set and is a poor attempt at a B-Movie. If you have not seen it, do not fret as you are not missing anything. Plus, there are much better films out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)