Savage (2009)



Wow, it is March, already. It is amazing the February has ended, although looking at it, I actually did a lot of writing on here. Something that will I will be doing a lot of in the future as I was just hired as Editor of the Pittsburgh Steelers website Steelers101.  Now, I love the Steelers, but I love horror movies and researching the unexplained just as much, so in no way will my time here suffer. Speaking of research, I cannot wait to get out Bigfoot hunting this Spring and Summer, something I have missed over the past few years. With that on my mind, I decided to watch the 2009 indie Sasquatch flick, Savage.


Plot/ A blazing fire rips its way through Bear Valley National Park. As the firefighters try to contain it, the animals are being forced out of their habitat including a beast that was better left undiscovered.


The Bigfoot / Sasquatch realm of horror flicks vary tremendously. Unfortunately, a lot of this genre is ruined by cheesy CGI driven Sci-Fi Channel Originals. Yes, some are not that bad, but others… They just SUCK!  In many ways, this low-budget indie entry stands heads and tails above the majority of those. Do not take this the wrong way; this is not a great movie. In fact, it is rather bland with a flawed storyline, uneven acting, and almost no characterization. Now, it does have some decent dialogue and blood (the CGI was actually decent), which made it tolerable. In the end, this was actually one of the better low-budget Sasquatch flick to come out lately (yes, even the crazy leap across the road scene). While it is not perfect, it is decently entertaining and worth spending 90 minutes on (although it may not be worth buying).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)