The Frankenstein Theory (2013)



After a couple days off the blog, I decided to jump back into it with a take on a story that has always interested me. It was going to be 1984 as a celebration of what would have been George Orwell's birthday, and although my class watched it today, I have already reviewed it. Ever since I watched Gothic so many years ago, I have been fascinated by the story of Frankenstein, and the creation of the masterpiece. Unfortunately, over time, the movie has been played out and I am always searching for fresh takes on the subject. That led me to this flick, The Frankenstein Theory from 2013.


Plot/ if the most chilling novel of all time was actually based on a true account of a horrific experiment gone awry? When he is suspended from his university job for his outlandish ideas, Professor John Venkenheim leads a documentary film crew to the rim of the Arctic Circle in a desperate effort to vindicate his academic reputation.


This is another on the mockumentary subgenre, and like the majority of those, it suffers from some technical flaws such as sound quality, uneven acting, and so-so scripting. In this case, the storyline was rather interesting, and one that I could see a true documentary being made about. The story of Frankenstein and the creation of the monster is one of the most interesting out there, and one I have enjoyed reading about. This movie did have potential, but never truly achieved what it could have due to some extremely slow pacing and some questionable decisions about the audio effects and the ending. Was it perfect? No, but it also is not the worst move out there in this genre; tread cautiously or just stay away. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)