XIII: The Conspiracy (2008)



With my homework out of the way last night, I figured it was time to relax. After searching Netflix for something fun, I decided that I needed some action to help get my blood flowing. After some inner debate, I decided that XIII: The Conspiracy from 2008 was just what I needed.


Plot/ The first female US President Sally Sheridan is shot dead by a sniper during her Veterans Day speech. Her assassin narrowly escapes the scene with his life, national security hot on his heels - or so it seems. On the run, clinging to one desperate clue after another, XIII begins to piece back his life, fragments of his memory.


I watched this mini-series yesterday and was rather surprised by it. Based on a graphic novel, this two-part mini-series is comparable to the Bourne series, although being made for television, does not pack the same punch. The performances are solid; the storyline/plot believable, and the action sequences worked and featured some sound cinematography. Yes, there are some head scratching moments, there is some choppy editing, and the violence was toned down (remember television), but all in all it was worth watching. In the end, if you are searching for some mindless action with a conspiracy/political themed backdrop, this one should at least entertain you. Yes, it is not perfect, but I have definitely seen much worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)