Clown (2016)



With all of the talk about clowns recently plaguing some areas in the South, I believe that it is quite fitting to spend some time in the world of the clowns. While I was not able to head out and see something at the drive-in, I was able to check out something new at Family Video, Eli Roth’s 2016 entry Clown.


Plot/ A little boy's birthday party is ruined when his clown cancels. His father finds a clown suit and becomes the new entertainment but something is weird about it, there is an evil curse and it won't come off and he specializes in eating little kids.


I know that the thought of clowns drive many people up a wall. To me, they are just part of life, and having dressed as a clown before, I know #ClownLivesMatter. Now this movie hats the clown to an all-new level, and I know that many will never look at them the same (much like It!). There is a lot to like in this one, with blood, murder, and mayhem. But, there is also some sound performances, an interesting storyline, decent cinematography, and the costuming is perfect for the storyline. Yes, some of the characterizations are off, many of the kills take place off screen, and there are many clichéd moments woven in that are noticeable. In the end, viewers will either love or hate this one (which is the case with many horror movies), although for me it was a perfect way to end a weekend. If you love horror or clowns, you should definitely give this one a shot. I loved it and highly recommend it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)