The Girl in the Photographs (2016)



Sometimes when I walk through Family Video I am drawn to something that it seems I had bypassed multiple times. That was the case last night when I stumbled upon the 2016 slasher The Girl in the Photographs.


Plot/ A bored young woman in a sleepy community called Spearfish starts receiving photographs of brutally murdered young women. Are they real or staged? The culprit is either a serial killer or some creep with a sick sense of humor.


It’s hard to believe that Wes Craven has passed on and this is the last movie he was involved with as Executive Producer. While it is nowhere near the quality of his classics, it does have an intriguing premise and it was actually a lot better than I initially expected with some solid cinematography and a few parts of the storyline that I really enjoyed (especially the end). Yes, some of the performances are uneven; some of he comedic moments fall flat, and it has too many clichéd elements that make it just blend in with all of the other films of the genre. In the end, this movie is just an average entry in the slasher genre and is by no means memorable. Yes, I did love the ending (and final sequences), but there was a lot of potential that was not met.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)