Undead (2003)



For some reason, even after finishing After the Static, I still can't get enough of flesh-eating zombies. So, when I sat down tonight, I wanted something mindless and gory. I found something perfect for that craving on Shudder. What I decided on was the 2003 horror/comedy Undead.


Plot/ A quaint Australian fishing village is overcome by meteorites that turn its residents into the ravenous undead, leaving a small group of those unharmed to find a way out.


While Undead will never be confused with a great film, it kept me entertained throughout with over-the-top splatter effects, and always an enjoyable combination of alien DNA and zombies, and enough sprinkled homages to classics that it was just fun! Yes, the scripting, performances, and pacing were a touch uneven and schlock-filed, but those elements just played into the horror comedy. In the end, this may not be the best film out there, but it is a fun gorefest that took me back to some of the great splatter-fests of my youth. Plus, it has a somewhat original ending that sits outside the typical cliché that seems to saturate films in this genre.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)