Spiral (3021)



It was such a dreary day outside,  as the rain came down almost all day.  Unfortunately,  there are no signs of it letting up for a few days.  All was not lost though,  as I was able to get a few more tubs sorted in the toy area and watch a few entertaining movies.  Some were new and others I haven't watched in some time,  like the 2021 entry Spiral.

Plot: A criminal mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in Spiral, the terrifying new chapter from the book of Saw.

I am a huge fan of the Saw franchise and I unapologetically love every installment,  including this one. With that in mind, this was not my favorite installment. There were some very good moments in this one although it was pretty predictable. The characters were interesting, the idea of a new storyline branching off from the mythos was a nice change, and the nods to the orhiginals speinkled im a solid touch. Unfortunately, i felt the film was a touch flat, with uneven acting, a predictable twist, and an overall feeling that there was more there to be developed. In the end, I'm sure this will be (or was) a polarizing flick with opinions all over the place. I am biased and I loved it, but I also needed some Saw in my life. Not the best, but not the worst of the franchise, I'd say it sits in the middle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)