The Black Phone (2021)



Wow,  it's been a few weeks since I added anything. I know I said I was going to post more,  and intend to.  But as i continue my recovery recovery from the liver transplant,  I find myself busy with many of the things that I neglected while being on the wait list. Hopefully, I can get into some food of regular routine.  Getting back to it, I present 2021s The Black Phone,

Plot: After being abducted by a child killer and locked in a soundproof basement, a 13-year-old boy starts receiving calls on a disconnected phone from the killer's previous victims.

Thus is one i waited to see instead of going to the theater and i may be regretting that. This one is both emtertaing and enjoyable, but i do think the overall claustrophobic feel would have hit harder on the big screen. Ethan Hawke is amazing and does a magnificent job at embracing the character, but even his performance may have been outdone by his young co-stars, More of a thriller than horror film, this slow burn entry demonstrates what can be done with a solid storyline.  Dark and atmospheric, there are a lot of moments that drag you in and make you want more,  especially as the creepiness seems to rise throughout the film. Yes,  the movie does lack a complete backs story and the pacing does feel choppy at some points, but those are just some very minor, almost nitpicking, flaws.  In the end,  this was definitely one of the fest movies I have watched in some time and a movie that should be watched. Check it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)