Butterfly Kisses (2018)


After a few day hiatus to get the house in order for my mother's visit and to enjoy my birthday, I finally have some time to sit back and relax.  During this days,  I did spend some time watching a few shows and movies. One that I found interesting was the found footage mockumentary Butterfly Kisses.

Plot: filmmaker discovers a box of videotapes depicting a disturbing student film project about an urban legend known as Peeping Tom. As he sets out to prove the footage is real, he becomes obsessed, along with the film crew following him.

Found Footage movies can always be a mixed bag and for a while I stayed away from them because it felt so repetitive. However, I seem to be on a hit streak, vacate this makes 2 in a row that I have thoroughly enjoyed.  This one has an interesting premise and is both somewhat comedic and mysterious. I really liked the way the footage was InfoPath into a rather layered storyline.  The performances were solid,  everything went together,  and there was a touch of atmosphere.  Sure,  there were a few bumpy moments in it, but those didn't really hurt what turned into an intriguing character study. If you like found footage,  check this one out. Oh, one last thing,  didn't Peeping Tom somewhat similar to the Hat Man?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)