StageFright (1987)


It has been a slow few days with only a handful of sales coming through the store.  Skills It does make it easy to get the packages out,  it leads to trots to the post office that rings the flow of my day.  I really haven't made the progress in the shop that I had hooked for this week.  When it finally time to relax,  I decided to kick back with another classic 80s horror flick,  1987s giallo StageFright.

Plot: A group of stage actors lock themselves in the theater for a rehearsal of their upcoming musical production, unaware that an escaped psychopath has sneaked into the theater with them.

I love the giallo subgenre of horror. Since of my favorite films fall under that category and this is one that I hadn't seen.  Of course,  this is one reason I have Shudder because they offer many films that I haven't experienced along with a wide variety of newer horror.  Also known as Aquarius, this movie has to be regarded as one of the best slasher films or the era. Going away from the traditional slasher tropes of the day,  this one succeeds with outstanding and vivid cinematography that mixed with the uneven soundtrack works to create something dark and atmospheric. Yes,  some of the movie seems dated today, if you remember the 80s as well n as I do,  you should find it as refreshing as I did.  Directed by Argento apprentice Michele Soavi, you can see the influence with the combination of colors, thrills, and murders held tight within an interesting script.  This one is definitely a must watch for fans of classic Italian horror and the giallo subgenre. Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)