Lisa Frankenstein (2024)


I am usually not a big one for going to see the latest hype movies in the theater, but sometimes when the opportunity comes to watch a surprise with AMC Screen Unseen, I jump at it. There what happened last night when I got an early surprise with the 2024 entry,  Lisa Frankenstein.

Plot: A misunderstood teenager and a reanimated corpse embark on a murderous journey to find love, happiness and a few missing body parts.

I have to start by early I loved this movie.  It was the right niche of comedy, darkness, lightheartedness, and nostalgia, that it should appeal to everyone.  For me,  the brooding 80s soundtrack was the icing on top.  The cast is outstanding and their performances really work to make this one extremely entertaining. Sure, the storyline is outlandish and a bit unpredictable,  but that works in this quirky film.  The writing is solid and the character development was spot on.  Truly everything within this one worked to continue building throughout,  especially with the costuming and make-up effects that added so much to the overall feel. In the end,  I am so glad that AMC gave me the opportunity to see this one early,  it was well worth it,  and I may actually go see it again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)