Blood Sabbath (1972)

I took a few days away as I have been busy around the shop.  Between that and the weather, I haven't wanted to watch anything or really do anything, but I figured that I would get back to some movies today I was the best skies continued above us.  My selection was a 1970s witchcraft flick Blood Sabbath. 

Plot: A coven of witches captures a young man travelling through the woods. He gets involved in a power struggle between a beautiful witch and the evil queen who heads the coven.

Ok,  this one is exactly what you would expect from the early 70s. Surely made for the drive-in era,  this is a strange one.  Not really a horror movie,  but from the beginning of the Satanic Panic, it was clearly playing on the fears of the population with the nudity and the Occult and witchcraft overtones. The storyline makes little sense and had me scratching my head on multiple occasions, the pacing is slow,  and performances are in no way convincing. I'm sure this was a low budget entry,  but still,  there aren't many things to make it worthwhile.  Fortunately,  it was streaming on Tubi, so I didn't have to spend anything to take up 90 or so minutes.  Stay away.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)