Terror (1978)

As my quiet afternoon continued, I decided to dive back into the Gorehouse Greats Collection for some afternoon entertainment. My choice, the 1978 Norman J.Warren entry, Terror. With no expectations, the afternoon bloodbath continued, with what was definitely an homage to Dario Argento and a nice alternative to Lake Placid 2.


Plot/ Royal ancestors feel the wrath of the curse of the condemned witch Mad Dolly, who spews forth her prophecy while she is burned at the stake. The victims suffer death by having their heads removed in various fashions, getting their limbs caught in animal traps, knife wounds, and other methods of medieval torture.


This movie was a lot better than I expected, the imagery, gore and pace were really good. Even the low light that it seemed to be filmed in made it surprisingly atmospheric. However, with a so-so script, OK acting and a basic storyline, the movie is far from great. I do have to admit the opening sequence of a movie within the movie came off tremendously and made me want to see that movie instead, but I did enjoy what came next with this film. In all, Terror is a nice gory movie and makes for a decent 80 minutes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)