Blubberella (2011)



I love interesting ideas and stories, in fact, many times I have strange visions and such running through my mind at any point of the day, especially on my hour long drives to and from work. Take today, we had an open house at the college and I had to go in for a few hours, and in my mind all I could think of was flying fish coming out of the lake… Really, it was that weird. Tonight’s movie is from 2011, Blubberella. Half woman, half vampire fighting Nazi’s… Hmmm, interesting idea.


Plot/ The German army, headed by the Commandant, shadow puppet master, a mad, showtunes-singing Doctor, and the newly-addicted-to-blood Lieutenant, threatens to eradicate the Resistance. However, coming to the rescue is Blubberella. Half vampire, half woman, and all trouble, Blubberella loves nothing better than killing Nazis and a substantial turkey on rye. She has moved through the centuries destroying nasties and their like while perfecting the ultimate cotton candy recipe.


I have watched some bad movies lately, and honestly think I am losing some touch at picking movies for myself. That being said, I should have expected utter trash when reading the box on this one. Honestly, with a title like Blubberella, is there any chance of it being a successful film? Yes, Lindsay Hollister (Blubberella) is amazingly funny, and the idea was at least original, but the positives end there. The script is horrid (even for a spoof action comedy), most of the acting uneven, and the comedy was so over-the-top it was not funny. There were some vampires, sexual overtones, some action and some blood, but none of that was enough to save this one. In the end, there is no way I could recommend this one to anybody, it is a waste of time in every sense of the word.


Comments

  1. From what I understand it's a shot for shot spoof of Bloodrayne 3 The Third Reich. I guess if I'd seen that movie I would find Blubberella...humorous? Interesting? Still bland? I do think Lindsay Hollister was hawt in the movie, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)