The Bone Snatcher (2003)



The last few days have been busy between trout fishing and working tirelessly on NFL Draft stuff for Steelers101.com. I cannot believe how much time pre-draft profiles take. Last night, I could not take it anymore and put on some horror for background scenery. The movie I chose was the 2003 creature feature The Bone Snatcher.


Plot/ After miners disappear in the Namib Desert, some scientists find their remains and the demonic creature that killed them.


When I turned this on, I expected the worst. Lately, I have been batting about zero with the random direct-to-DVD stuff, but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, it was far from perfect, with some of the characterization, tension and atmosphere feeling forced. However, there was a lot to like. The cinematography, aided by a tremendous location, was heavy and full of a desolate feeling that matched the background, the acting was competent and most importantly the creature and effects were awesome. In the end, the flick is definitely worth watching, it was different, interesting and best of all, free!


Comments

  1. the body snatcher is the creepiest film I've ever seen in my whole life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)