Monsters in the Woods (2012)



After watching horror royalty with Robert Englund, I decided to venture into the depths of no-budget cinema for my next entry. My first flick for the evening was Monsters in the Woods from 2012.


Plot/ A micro-budget movie crew treks into the wilderness to shoot horror scenes for their unsellable indie-drama. They soon find themselves in the midst of their own real horror movie, as a large group of creatures hunts them.



Anyone who read the description of this should have understood from the outset that it was destined to be a low-budget monstrosity. Sure, it is mired with flaws, but that is what I expected.  There were some decent points with the monsters, some of the acting was ok, and the effects were far from terrible. However, I do not know if you can count this as a good movie, as the script was choppy, the cinematography all over the place, the length was too long and some of the acting was very bad. In the end, it was nothing special. I would not spend a ton of money on watching it, and I will surely forget about it within a few days. If you love no-budget indie flicks and are searching for something check it out, if not, stay away.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)