Messages Deleted (2009)



While I have been in the middle of a somewhat giallo marathon, at times I need to throw something else on. Today was one of those days as I decided on something tamer with the daughters running in and out of the living room. After searching Netflix, I settled on the 2009 mystery / thriller Messages Deleted.


Plot/ A screenwriting teacher is forced to live out the plot of a screenplay idea he stole from a student, who now seeks revenge.


I really had no expectations when I put this on, and maybe that was a good thing, because I actually found it somewhat entertaining. Yes, it is far from perfect as the interesting sounding plot spiraled into an abyss of cliché, but that was OK. The acting was decent, the pacing solid and there was a lot to like. Unfortunately, the spiraling plot became way too unbelievable and even predictable, the characterization was off and to be honest the storyline (which had potential) was not used to it fullest possibilities. In the end, the mystery / thriller had a lot of potential, but fell flat. While it is far from the worst flick out there, it is not a must see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)