White Noise 2: The Light (2007)



I was sitting around looking for something on the tamer side for Scary Movie Night with the daughters and decided on White Noise 2: The Light. Ironically, I had avoided this movie like the plague for some time, as I was extremely disappointed in the first film. However, if I new Nathan Fillion was in it, I would have watched it earlier. No, it is not a man-crush or anything, but he does star in my favorite show Castle and his performance as Captain Hammer is one of my favorites.


Plot/ Following the loss of his family, a man attempts suicide only to discover upon waking that he can identify people who are about to die


As I stated above, I was not expecting much from this one. Fortunately, it was so much better than I could have imagined. Sure, it was not perfect as the ending really did nothing for me and some of the scares were predictable, but to me, it was better than the first installment. Overall, it did boast some atmosphere within the solid pacing, the acting was good, and there was actually characterization that helped the interesting storyline. In the end, while not perfect, it was enjoyable and had a few creepy moments (one that made the daughters jump, which is always a plus). If you have not watched it, feel free to check it out, it is pretty good and you could do a lot worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)