The Frozen Ground (2013)



Black Friday has came and went. Incredibly, I made only two purchases, one online and the other at Barnes and Noble. Of course, I really did lot look for stuff today, as I am still trying to determine what I am searching for. I will figure it out soon, I have to. Christmas is only three or so weeks away. Once I returned home I decided to watch something a bit different, the true story The Frozen Ground.


Plot/ Based on a true story, an Alaska State Trooper partners with a young woman who escaped the clutches of serial killer Robert Hansen to bring the murderer to justice.


Thrillers based on true stories, especially those involving serial killers are often a challenge. When you throw in Nicolas Cage and John Cusack, and it could be even more of a challenge. However, in this one, all of the acting is solid, and maintain the dark demeanors needed to bring this story to life.  The cinematography is awesome, soundtrack works and the overall feel is dark and heavy. Yes, some of the crime drama feels a bit cliché, but that is somewhat expected. In the end, this flick does step outside the normal serial killer genre and creates something atmospheric and authentic. Sure, it is not for everyone, but if you enjoy Cage, Cusack or thrillers, check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)