Jug Face (2013)



It is amazing how energizing that trip to the Finding Bigfoot town hall was. Honestly, I would love to get back into the field, and may do just that this weekend. When I do get out there, I hope it is Sasquatch that I find, and not some backwoods cult that wants to sacrifice me to The Pit, like happened in my next flick for review, Jug Face (2013).


Plot/ Jug Face tells the story of a pregnant teen trying to escape a backwoods community when she discovers that she may be sacrificed to a creature in a pit.


This supernatural horror/drama definitely takes an interesting look at life in a secluded backwoods society. This low budget flick does have a lot going for it with solid performances, an intriguing storyline, and just enough blood and gore to keep things moving. Yes, there are some head scratching moments, some uneven pacing, and there are parts of the script that lack development, but that does not hurt the overall feel of the movie. In the end, this dark cult driven flick is exactly what I had hoped that The Village would have been with a dark view of life inside a secluded community. Give it a shot; you could do worse.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)