Exists (2014)



This has been a busy weekend as I try to struggle through this physics class. I now remember why I hated that subject years ago when I took it in high school; it just complicates the simplistic aspects of the natural world. Although it was frustrating, I did get to use Godzilla in my weekly project, so it is not a total loss. OK, enough of that, next up for review is the 2014 Bigfoot flick, Exists.


Plot/ A group of friends who venture into the remote Texas woods for a party weekend find themselves stalked by Bigfoot.


While I do believe that the found footage genre is saturated by material, I will say that the last two I have picked up have at least been entertaining. Between Alien Abduction and now Exists, I have found two topics that held up within this realm. This one is pretty good, and one of the better Bigfoot flicks I have seen lately. The acting is solid, this storyline interesting, and the found footage aspects work especially when showing the creature. Of course, there were some head scratching moments even for a found footage flick, as the characters seemed clueless to their surroundings and the implements that could have helped protect them, and I swear they never heard of stealth. In the end, this movie was clearly in the wheelhouse for director Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch Project) and it showed. Sure, it is not perfect, but it was entertaining and worth watching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)