San Andreas (2015)



Thanksgiving came and went, and it was fun to hang out and just chill. Yes, I did work on some homework building my writing website, but that was fun. I also sat back and finally watched one of those blockbuster disaster flicks., 2015s San Andreas. Unfortunately, it did nothing but remind me on why I stay away from them,


Plot/ In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot makes a dangerous journey with his ex-wife across the state in order to rescue his daughter.


Disaster movies are one of my soft spots, as when I was a youth, they would seem to pop up all the time. Unfortunately, in many ways, those movies from the 1970s are much better than the ones that come out today. San Andreas is another example of rehashed storyline with massive CGI effects. In fact, this one may be one of the worse, with too many storylines intersecting and unbearable dialog and plot distractions. Couple those issues with the fact that it is extremely predictable, and you have the latest Hollywood blockbuster disaster flick. In the end, if you want a disaster flick, check out Earthquake from 1974, it is much better and more entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)