Big Ass Spider! (2013)



Sometimes, one just needs some mindless horror/science fiction action to help pass some time. That is actually, where I have been recently, as I have been trying to clear the children’s writing stuff from my mind. To help me with the mindless horror, I decided to finally break down and watch the 2013 low budget flick Big Ass Spider!


Plot/ A giant alien spider escapes from a military lab and rampage the city of Los Angeles. When a massive military strike fails, it is up to a team of scientists and one clever exterminator to kill the creature before the city is destroyed.


I was actually surprised by this creature feature. Yes, it was a typical unbelievable monster on a rampage flick, there were actually a lot of moments that were better than I could have imagined at the start, with a solid mixture of action and comedy. Sure, the scripting is uneven; the acting/performances about the same, and the effects are so outlandish they are awesome. In the end, if you are looking for a mindless flick that can give you a modern take on the classic 1950s creature features, give this one a shot. It has enough schlock and action to at least make you crack a smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)