The Frame (2014)



After spending some time playing umpire tonight at Nightmares practice, I was in the mood to just chill when I got home. To get my mind right, and possibly make some progress on my Diablo inspired contest entry, I decided on something a little more surrealistic for my next review with the 2014 entry, The Frame.


Plot/ Two strangers find their lives colliding in an impossible way. Alex is a methodical cargo thief working for a dangerous cartel. Sam is a determined paramedic trying to save the world while running from her past.

I had no idea what to expect when I found this one tonight, and what I found was actually a lot better and more surreal than I could have imagined when first turning it on. Yes, it did not have great pacing and was slower than I would have expected from the description, however, it is definitely an original storyline that transcends multiple genres. The cinematography is amazing, the storyline is solid, and the dreamlike atmosphere is tremendous. Yes, some of the performances may be uneven, and some of it may be difficult for everyone to follow/understand, but that dies not hurt this film in any way. In the end, this one may not be for everyone, but it is clearly a movie that should be seen, especially if you are a huge fan of surrealist movies. This one is a must see!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)