Shark Exorcist (2015)



Now that I am getting back into the flow of the blog again, it is nice to revisit some of the low budget entries that I grabbed while working on some of my school projects. Now with graduation being less than two weeks away, I am settling in on a decent schedule to keep the momentum flowing. Next up for review is the 2015 no-budget entry Shark Exorcist.


Plot/ A demonic nun summons Satan to a small fishing village, where he takes over the bodies of a great white shark and a young woman. A chain reaction of evil grips the tiny community as shredded bodies wash ashore. A Catholic priest arrives, and he must fight both teeth and temptation on land and sea in order to send these man-killers back to Hell before the tide comes in for good!


This flick was definitely something from the depths of a low budget basement. While I realized before turning it on that it would likely be incoherent and at times full of schlock, I honestly did not expect what I found. Is this movie bad? Yes, yes it is. However, the craziness and disjointed feel with random scenes, uneven performances, and strange storyline made for something that I really could not take my eyes away from. I did this not because it was good, I just wanted to see what would happen next. In the end, I think with a larger budget and streamlined script, this one could have been something that would have fit into the classic exploitation films of the past. Unfortunately, it never meets or comes close to that potential.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)