Black Christmas (1974)



After taking a night away from the computer to work on some Christmas items, it was back at it with the Bob Clark forgotten classic Black Christmas from 1974!


Plot/ A sorority house is terrorized by a stranger who makes frightening phone calls and then murders the sorority sisters during Christmas break.


This is a true horror classic! To me, it is clearly one of the biggest influences of the slasher genre and a film that helped shaped horror as we know it today. The atmosphere created does a masterful job of carrying a feeling of terror and dread throughout the film. Amazingly, this classic has stood the test of time, with a decent array of acting, believable plot, and a great use of sound and visual elements that really work. Truly an often overlooked masterpiece that may be the greatest holiday horror flick ever made and one that is a MUST see!


Comments

  1. I saw this for the first time ever last year and loved it. Great spooky holiday feel. This year I didn't get a chance to watch it and oddly feel my I missed out, which I was expecting. Next year I will watch it again and will turn it into a Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)