Asylum of the Dead (2014)



If you have read my blog, you would know that I am a sucker for no-budget flicks, and am usually rather understanding about the inherent flaws that come with the genre. Unfortunately, when watching these flicks, there are often entries that defy my open mind. That was the case with my next review, 2014s Asylum of the Dead.


Plot/ For decades, turbulent supernatural forces have haunted Pennhurst psychiatric hospital. When a television crew embarks on a mission to capture this paranormal activity, they discover something completely unexpected.


I had stayed away from this flick for some time, and now I understand why. Yes, I am all for no-budget horror, and usually can look past some of the expected flaws that are commonplace, but it this case, it was almost impossible. The storyline was clichéd complete with head scratching flashbacks and no real direction, the acting was uneven at best with the flat characters matching their performances, and even the cinematography was lacking and did little to build tension in what should have been an interesting location. Honestly, I cannot find anything that was even a touch entertaining. In the end, I cannot in any way recommend this film to anyone. Stay Away!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)