Hellraiser: Judgment (2018)




What a crazy week! What I had hoped to be a quiet and relaxing business focused week decided to turn into some craziness featuring a nice broken pipe in the kitchen. That was a watery mess and one that I could have done without. I did need some down time to recover, so I ventured into the world of the Cenobites with 2018s Hellraiser: Judgment.


Plot/ Detectives Sean and David Carter are on the case to find a gruesome serial killer terrorizing the city. Joining forces with Detective Christine Egerton, they dig deeper into a spiraling maze of horror that may not be of this world.


I honestly was not quite sure how I would feel about this one with the changes to the cast, but I gave it a shot anyway. Having been a fan of Clive Barker for a long time, I had hoped that the film would do the franchise justice. What I found was a flick that took the series back to its roots and allowed fans a glimpse of what made the original such a classic. The imagery was outstanding, and the direction and cinematography created a very tense and atmospheric film. Even the new version of Pinhead felt right. Sure, some of the performances were uneven and the storyline (especially the subplot) felt a little too familiar, but honestly, this one was much better than I would have ever guessed. I am sure that there will be some people who don’t like it (especially because there is no Doug Bradley), but I would personally disregard them. If you love Clive Barker and Hellraiser, give this one a shot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)