Where Am I?

Where am I, who, where? Paralysis takes hold of my body and I am petrified. Who would have thought, after this long journey, I would be the alien on this desolate red planet.I can only imagine what I look like to these creatures. My teeth protruding like razors from beneath this glass shroud. Of course, that may be the only thing keeping me alive, though. Maybe they believe I am the monster, and they are afraid. Good thing that they have not noticed my shaking. I would be done for.

As every minute passes, a deafening silence seals this lair. My warmth is shattered by a swirling tide of emotion. I am both astonished and horrified with this discovery. Somehow, I need to free myself though; I do not want to die here on this planet.

It is hard to concentrate, as signs of my potential demise surround me. What are those, tentacles? Eyes? Yes, they must think I am a monster. I have to escape before that the blade juts, and my body leaves crimson stains all over this lab. I do not want to die an experiment; I came here in peace.

I can see the probes attached with the bounds clasped tight on that thing in the corner. It is crazy, why have they left me alone? What do they see? Am I that hideous? Are my eyes rising like antennae? Yes, I have to escape this lab. I struggle to move, with no avail, what am I going to do?

I do not have much time left; I can see that they are starting to inch close to me. Please, do not remove my helmet; I will surely die. I try scream, but nothing comes out – I am trapped. Silence.

The cold slab chills my inner fears, but I can feel that something is different. My helmet, God, no, not my helmet. Wait, it cannot be. This cannot be real. I can breathe. I am alive, the atmosphere, no, this is not happening. Forbidden stories lost in the ancient wars? Truths banished to hide our real ancestors? The harsh truth shakes me to my core! Lies, everything we have been told are lies.

“Hello, my friend?” I hear from the depths of this lab, “We have waited for centuries for you to come rescue us.”

Like a proud parent, a tall grey stands above me, his gaze eying every inch of my naked flesh. A lone tear cascades from his scaled flesh. In his eyes I see hope; in his voice I hear pleasure.

“At last, we can come home.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)