Bermuda Tentacles (2014)



I took a couple days away from the blog so I could focus on finishing my college math homework for the week, and I was miserable. To make up for that misery, I ran out to pick up some Captain America Underoos, to help rid my mind of the useless math that I have been suffering through (one week to go). I also got back to some movies, first up is the mindless SyFy Channel original from 2014, Bermuda Tentacles.


Plot/ After Air Force One goes down during a storm over the Bermuda Triangle, the United States Navy is dispatched to find the escape pod holding the President. A giant monster beneath the ocean awakens and attacks the fleet.


It has been a while since I have ventured into the realm of SyFy Channel originals, and now, after suffering through another tremendous effort, the clock will start again. Sure, Bermuda Tentacles is not the worse entry, but that is not saying much. This one had very little going for it, with a few solid performances and a crazy storyline, but even those positives are not enough to make it a blip on the RADAR. The cinematography is all over, the scripting is incoherent, and the CGI created some of the most laughable creatures in some time. In the end, this predictable and clichéd CGI driven SyFy original may not be the worst entry from their catalog, but it rates near the bottom. There are clearly better choices; stay away!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)