Dark Souls (2010)



While, what a difference a day makes. I am not sure what does have me, but something is beating me down. Maybe it is all of the running that I have been doing, but something has punched me in the gut and is definitely keeping me laid up. However, I still have some energy left to push out my next review for the 2010 Norwegian horror flick Dark Souls.


Plot/ A revengeful father embarks on a dark thrill ride of lost memories, conspiracy and zombie-like symptoms. Finding the mysterious darkness within is the source of the bizarre world he has uncovered.


When I grabbed this one the other day from Family Video, I was not sure what to expect. What I found was an interesting journey that again proves that foreign horror has become much more original than that of the Hollywood variety. This one, while not a zombie movie as one would think is quite interesting. A Norwegian thriller, this one has a lot to like with a strange storyline, some homages to past horror entries, solid pacing that allows the tension to grow, decent acting, and enough dark imagery to make a horror fan smile. Plus, there is a dark humor that sits at the core that keeps everything moving. Yes, the subtitles make it difficult if you are not paying total attention, but that is a minor setback to an overall intriguing horror movie. In the end, if you can handle the subtitles for 90 minutes and want to see something a bit different than the normal horror entry give it a shot. I would be worth your time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)