The Day (2011)



After suffering through Grizzly Flats, I had hoped that my next selection would be much better. I had honestly wanted something different from anything that I have selected recently. With the pulse of society being uneven recently, I decided that I wanted to watch something more apocalyptic. In the end, I decided upon the 2011 independent flick The Day.


Plot/ A group of five people working to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic future discover what they think is a safe, abandoned farmhouse, but they soon find themselves fighting to stay alive as a gang of bloodthirsty predators attack.


When I grabbed this, I expected something very different. However, what I found was much better than that. This was a dark, entertaining and somewhat dismal journey into post-apocalyptic depravity. More of a thriller or character driven drama than anything else, this has a tremendous atmosphere, outstanding performances and an intensity that permeates dread throughout the fabric of the film. More importantly, this storyline projects a harsh reality of what could happen if this type of environment comes to life, and it was a treat to watch. Some may not enjoy it as much as I did, and that is understandable, but that is OK. In the end, this is an entertaining dark drama that should be watched at least once. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)