Dead Shadows (2012)



Before heading to the drive in to see the new X-Men movie and Godzilla, I needed something to help me get into the mood as I finished my homework. After some debate (with myself), I decided to throw on the 2012 import Dead Shadows.


Plot/ Chris' parents were murdered on the same day the Halley comet was visible from Earth. Eleven years later, a new comet lights up the Parisian sky, but as the night goes on, people begin to transform into horrible creatures.


This entry from France is a bit confusing to say the least. As combination of Night of the Comet and some strange H.P. Lovecraft influenced story, this one is just all over the place. The run time is short, the acting blah, the story, and scripting lacking and there is no tension or atmosphere at all. What you do have is an incoherent 70-minute trip into some type of strange Lovecraftian (bad) CGI fest. In the end, I really cannot recommend this to anyone there is little entertainment value and it is just a struggle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)