Here Comes the Devil (2012)



As I sit here watching The Exorcist with the twins, I figured it was time to pull together my next review. While the next movie on my list will never rise to the status of the classic I am watching, it was a solid entry. That film is the 2012 import, Here Comes the Devil.


Plot/ A married couple lose their children while on a family trip near some caves in Tijuana. The kids eventually reappear without explanation, but it becomes clear that they are not who they used to be, that something terrifying has changed them.


This movie definitely took me back toward the exploitation flicks of my youth. While subtitled, I found it extremely entertaining and easy to follow with a straightforward storyline that really worked. There was a lot to like featuring a slow-building atmosphere, violence, nudity, blood, and sexual tension. The acting was solid, the storyline worked and there were some unsettling moments. Yes, there were some plot holes, weird camera angles, and uneven audio (when paying attention to the subtitles), but for a low budget entry, that was expected. In the end, this occult / satanic themed movie is definitely not for everyone with its graphic sex and violence. However, if you can handle subtitles and enjoy a slow-burn throwback toward 1970s exploitation, give it a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)