Mortuary (2005)



With yesterday being Friday the 13th, I wanted to spend the evening engrossed in some different elements of horror and Sci-Fi. One of the first flicks I decided to watch was Tobe Hooper’s Mortuary (2005).


Plot/ A family moves to a small town in California where they plan on starting a new life while running a long-abandoned funeral home. The locals fear the place, which is suspected to be on haunted ground.


I will admit that I did not expect much from this one, so I was not extremely disappointed that I did not get much from it. While it started off decent enough, somehow it transcended into a mess and ruined the potential. There were some solid props and the locations were believable, but that is where the positives end. The plot / storyline was riddled with holes and cliché moments, the scripting is poor, the performances uneven, and the CGI effects made me long for a low budget direct to video VHS flick. In the end, there was really nothing in this one to make it worth watching and there is no reason for you to suffer through. Stay Away!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)