Dark was the Night (2014)



As I continue to press through some of my projects, it is nice to start getting back into the swing of working with the blog. In many ways, I have missed the interactions, and allowing my mind to unwind as I write. Hopefully, I can continue to push through. Next up for review is the 2014 creature feature Dark was the Night.


Plot/ An evil is unleashed in a small town when a logging company sets up shop in the neighboring woods.



When I started this movie the other night, I expected another low budget creature feature that would fall into the chasm never to be remembered like so many others. Fortunately, I was wrong. While this movie is not for everyone, featuring more atmosphere and tension than action, it is definitely a movie worth watching. The pacing is outstanding, the performances solid, and the suspenseful and heavy atmosphere create a wonderful sense of dread. Yes, there is a lack of overall originality inside this monster movie, as the storyline has been played out many times, and there is an overall lack of action that would push this more toward mystery/thriller than horror. In the end, you could definitely do much worse when selecting a movie. Sure, this one is not perfect, but it was one of the better creature features that I have seen in some time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)