Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)



Every once in a while I become frustrated when plans go awry. Today was one of those, as I thought I finished a large portion of my children’s book writing assignment, only to discover that the piece I chose to create my adaptation from sat outside the criteria (who knew, we could not use Edgar Allan Poe’s, A Dream Within a Dream, and adapt it into a children’s book). In an attempt to relieve some of those frustrations, I decided to take a trip into the mind of David Lynch, with his 1992 entry Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.


Plot/ A young FBI agent disappears while investigating a murder miles from Twin Peaks that may be related to the future murder of Laura Palmer; the last week of the life of Laura Palmer is chronicled.


It has been a while since I ventured into Twin Peaks, and for some reason, it started to call to me tonight. Instead of grabbing the box set, I decided to dive into Fire Walk With Me again, and again I was left amazed. I am a huge fan of David Lynch, and Fire Walk With Me is a perfect example why. Every time I watch it (or any other Lynch film in my collection), I see something new and it makes everything a little clearer. In fact, that ideal to me, sits at the heart of this, one of his most underrated films. Open your eyes and let your intuitions take over, and everything will clear. Fire Walk With Me has an outstanding cast, an interesting and dark storyline, along with the trademark dark atmosphere, outstanding soundtrack, and tight cinematography. Yes, like many other films by Lynch, you have to pay attention to the details, or you will likely miss something and unfortunately, that leaves out a large portion of movie watchers today. If you can pay attention to the details, you should love it. In the end, this may be one of the most dark and stylish films in the Lynch catalog, and is a movie that must be seen. If you have not seen it, check it out (especially with a return to Twin Peaks on the horizon).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)