JellyPages.com

Monday, October 26, 2015

Dead Within (2014)



After spending most of the weekend making last minute adjustments to and then launching Wisdom From Beyond, it was really nice to have a night where I could relax (although my latest class has started worrying me). While I understand that this will likely be my only light day with parades, meetings, a football game, and a zombie run on Saturday, at least I had some time to work on some fun stuff. As I did, I decided to watch 2014s Dead Within; a movie that definitely helped set a mood.


Plot/ Six months after the outbreak, a man and woman have survived by isolating themselves in a remote cabin. Starved for resources, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within.


As usual, I had no idea what to expect and went into this completely blind. I am glad I did, as this was much better than I expected from reading the synopsis, and it was not the zombie flick that I figured was coming my way. More of a psychological horror than true horror flick, this one is more about atmosphere and tension than anything else. Plus, it definitely outlines how much fear plays a role in psychosis and terror. The acting is solid, the characters are believable, and the overall message can resonate with viewers. Yes, it is not a gorefest and anyone expecting a zombie movie will likely be disappointed, but that is his or her loss.  In the end, this was much better than I imagined and a movie that I am glad I watched. If you have not seen it, give it a shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment