Maggie (2015)



I know that I have been slacking, and that any followers of my blog would know that I usually take part in the Halloween countdown. Unfortunately, time has been at a premium and I have been excessively busy. But, for those who do follow me, I have a couple of projects in the works that look to be interesting. Next up for review though is an interesting film, 2015s zombie entry, Maggie.


Plot/ A teenage girl in the Midwest becomes infected by an outbreak of a disease that slowly turns the infected into cannibalistic zombies. During her transformation, her loving father stays by her side.



Not knowing anything about this film, I was hesitant seeing cover. However, after sitting back and allowing the movie to play, I found something much better than I could have ever imagined. The atmosphere was perfect for such a dark and dramatic film. Everything was on point from the tremendous cinematography, solid performances, and deeply layered storyline that should appeal to anyone as a serious immersion into love and sickness. Sure, zombie fans searching for action may feel cheated or disappointed, as this is more of a drama than horror film, but to me, that made it even better. If you have no seen it, check it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)