Flesh for the Inferno (2015)



Now that I am settling into a solid schedule with the girls being home, I enjoy the fact that I can get back into some horror cinema on a more regular basis. Next up for review is another no-budget entry in 2015s Flesh for the Inferno.


Plot/ A youth group plans to spruce up a dilapidated old Catholic school, but uncover a grisly tomb from a dark history that the school walls have housed in this horror thriller.


There is something about true no-budget horror cinema that always excites me. That was definitely the case with this one, as I found a very intriguing movie that both had potential for a larger budget, and some quality moments within the low budget atmosphere that graces the screen. While everything is not perfect, this movie had a throwback feel to the classic lower budget films I watched in my youth, and the nunsploitation elements were perfect. The movie features some solid pacing, an interesting soundscape, and some awesome practical effects. Yes, the performances were uneven and there were some head scratching moments, but those elements did not destroy the viewing experience. In the end, this low budget entry will not be for everyone and will likely fall into the love/hate category. Personally, I loved it, but I could definitely see that how some might not. If you love no-budget cinema, give it a shot; just do not take it overly serious.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)