Displacement (2016)



Earlier, I was having a conversation today about the Mandela Effect and time travel. While I am not going to go into detail about the theory that I postulated involving these elements and the potential Antichrist, I do believe that I may be onto something and will have to start doing some more research. Ironically, while I was at Family Video, I stumbled upon a new time travel/ temporal disturbance film, 2016s Displacement.


Plot/ A young physics student must find a way to reverse a deadly quantum time anomaly and solve the murder of her boyfriend while battling short-term memory loss and time slips caused by the event.


I had no idea what I was in for with this one when I picked it up at Family Video but was a nice one to gamble on. While it starts off in a confusing manner, once things begin to fall into place the storyline definitely draws you in. Overall, the scripting is outstanding, the technical aspects especially the cinematography and editing work, and the performances are solid. Yes, some of the actual quantum physics theory may be a stretch, the confusion from the time slips may not be for everyone, and there may not be enough true science fiction for the diehard fan, but those aspects do not really bring this one down. In the end, this one may not be for everyone, but it is an interesting film that does create some thought provoking moments. If you are like me and fascinated by the idea of time travel, give this one a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)